Staff Screening Ltd (Staff Screening Ltd) is a limited company incorporated in England and Wales (Company number 13149160), at registered address 1000 Great West Road, Brentford, TW8 9HH.
If you have questions regarding your personal data and how we use it, please contact our Data Compliance officer using the contact details below:
Data Protection Officer
Staff Screening Ltd
1000 Great West Road
- How we collect your personal data;
- The types of personal data we collect on our website;
- Information gathered to manage our relationship with our clients;
- Information gathered as part of sales and direct marketing activity;
- Information gathered during employment screening on behalf of our clients;
- Automated decision making or profiling using personal data;
- Data security; Data retention; Data transfer; Data sharing; Data subject rights;
How we collect your personal data
We collect your personal data in a number of ways which are listed below:
- When we have contact with you:
- When we speak to you on the phone;
- When you email us;
- When you send information to us through the post;
- When you visit our website;
- From our clients, in the delivery of our contractually agreed services;
- From third parties (eg accredited providers of direct marketing lists);
- From publicly available sources;
When we collect your data
- When you navigate around our website;
- When you contact us via the ‘Contact Us’ form on our website;
- When you communicate to us through instant messaging;
- When you sign up to our newsletter;
- When you apply to one of our advertised positions;
Personal data we obtain from you or your personal computer
- Name; email; company; contact number; reason for contact;
- Any information provided by the data subject in the free text box; IP address/location; Referral URL;
- Email address;
- Contact information; address information; CV attached / cover letter; employment status; right to work; optional equality and diversity questions for the purpose of establishing special arrangements or equal opportunities monitoring;
Why we collect this data
- To improve user experience.
- To contact you in response to your question. To understand your question and reply to you.
- To understand your question and reply to you. To better understand use of our website.
- To send you our newsletter.
- To contact you in relation to the position, or similar positions. To review your experience for suitability for a role. To confirm potential notice periods. To comply with legislation.
Lawful basis for gathering information
- Our legitimate interests to improve website performance.
- Your consent to be contacted in respect to your query.
- Our legitimate interests to improve website performance, and user experience.
- Our legitimate interests to market/ advertise our services to customers. Your consent by signing-up to our newsletter.
- Our legitimate interests to advertise for open opportunities at Staff Screening.
Third party website applications
Information gathered as part of sales and direct marketing activity
Staff Screening Ltd maintain a marketing list and occasionally send direct marketing communications to relevant parties (such as HR, procurement) at businesses who might be interested in the services that we provide, or updates relevant to the screening industry. The personal information that is maintained to facilitate direct marketing is typically limited to full name and email address.
The lawful basis for our direct marketing activity is the express consent of the individual to receive such communications. Where you no longer wish to receive such communications from us you can either select the unsubscribe option (which is present on all marketing emails), or request to be removed from our direct marketing lists.
Information during screening on behalf of our clients
Staff Screening Ltd do not carry out automated decision making, or profiling using personal data.
Staff Screening Ltd takes its obligation to maintain the privacy of your personal data seriously and are certified to both ISO9001 and ISO27001:2013 and Cyber Essentials and is PCS DSS.
As a UK based company (acting as a Data Processor on behalf of our Clients who are Data Controllers) we are compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and UK Data Protection legislation. We observe strict technical and organisational measures to safeguard the secure collection, processing, use and storage of personal data, in line with relevant legislation.
Staff Screening Ltd will only retain personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes it was collected for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Following this all personal information will be securely deleted from our records.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links and icons which enable you to visit other websites which may be of interest. However, once you have used these to leave our website, we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement (see below) applicable to the website in question.
Staff Screening Ltd’s servers are based within the United Kingdom. No personal data that is processed or collected by using this website will be transferred or stored outside the United Kingdom by Staff Screening Ltd.
Data subject rights
UK and European Data Protection legislation gives you (as a data subject) rights which include:
- the right to information;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to request data portability; and
- the right to object to processing.
You also have the right to withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent.
Please note some restrictions may apply to the applications of the rights. For further details, please refer to the information provided on the website of the Information Commissioner’s Office.